The Clinton County Chamber of Commerce is a member driven organization dedicated to stimulating positive economic growth throughout Clinton County, fostering community leadership and involvement, reflecting positive moral values and acting as an advocate and unified voice for our membership.
- Regular members shall be a business, firm, association, corporation, partnership or organization in good standing, having an interest in promoting our mission.
- Associate members shall be any individual, non-profit organization or church having an interest in promoting our mission.
Membership in the Chamber of Commerce shall begin upon receipt of application and dues investment, subject to Board approval, and continue for one year. Membership dues are not charitable contributions, but may be tax deductible as a business expense.
Each member shall be entitled to one vote. Membership in the Clinton County Chamber of Commerce is designed to promote businesses, individuals
and organizations in Clinton County. Our intent is to work together to build a healthy economy, stronger
communities and a pleasant quality of life in the regional area.
This information will acquaint you with the many services we offer to you as a member of the Chamber:
- Referrals: Referrals are made by the Chamber staff when someone visits the office or inquires by
telephone, e-mail or mail about your specific type of business. As a standard policy, we only refer
- Networking: The Chamber offers members the opportunity to meet other business individuals in
the county at regularly scheduled events. Attend these Chamber events and committee meetings to
promote yourself and your business:
- Monthly Luncheon Meetings: Topics at each luncheon are geared to educate and keep
members informed. The luncheon gives members an opportunity to meet with other
members, exchange business cards and to announce upcoming events at their business.
Luncheons are held the 3rd Thursday of the month, beginning at 11:45 am and end at 1:00
- Business After Hours: This casual networking event is designed to combine business and
pleasure while prominently featuring the host business. Business After Hours are held
periodically, usually the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 4:30-6:00 pm.
- Annual Golf Challenge: At the outing you have a great opportunity to network with other
members while having fun. It's also a good time to entertain clients or give recognition to an
outstanding staff member or customer.
- Business Promotion:
- Membership Directory/Newcomers Guide: These publications list all members categorically.
They are distributed free to members, newcomers, visitors and others.
- Literature Display: Member businesses are encouraged to supply the Chamber with
brochures and business cards that will be distributed to potential residents and visitors to
Clinton County. Hundreds of visitors stop in the Chamber office throughout the year and
most don't leave without looking through the racks and helping themselves to information
about different businesses in the area.
- Presence on the Internet: As a part of your membership investment, you are listed
categorically on the Chamber website, plus have a link to your e-mail and web page from the
directory listing. The Chamber will also include a profile or other information about your
business on the Chamber Facebook page.
- Opportunity to have a free Business Spotlight on Z92.5 several times each year.
- Advertising Opportunities: Chamber members have available to them many low cost
advertising opportunities throughout the year to get your business noticed. Examples include
newsletter inserts (You pay a $25 fee and email us your insert, which is attached to our
electronic newsletter). You can also advertise on one of our many placemats. For only $65
you get your business card size ad on 10,000 placemats. You can take advantage of even
greater savings by advertising on additional placemats throughout the year. There are many
companies selling ads on placemats – you will find the Chamber pricing less costly.
Placemats are used by member and non-member restaurants throughout the county (we
even extend outside the area several times a year). There are also luncheon sponsorships
that give your business time to speak that helps your business get noticed.
- Chamber News: The monthly electronic newsletter keeps you informed about activities and
upcoming events of your Chamber. Take advantage of providing information about your business
for the Member News section and utilize the opportunity to include an attachment!
- Email Updates: Each week members get reminders, breaking news and information from other
Chamber members so you can stay informed about what is going on.
- Chamber Buck Gift Certificate Program: This program promotes shopping at Chamber member
businesses. Individuals purchase certificates in any denomination from the Chamber and receive a
list of participating businesses with the certificate. A participating business accepts the certificate as
cash and then submits it to the Chamber for reimbursement for the amount of the certificate, minus a
3% service fee
- Ambassadors: Within the Chamber we have members that serve as Ambassadors of the
Chamber. Ambassadors attend grand openings, ribbon cuttings, luncheons and After Hours
throughout the county. A ribbon cutting is a great way to premiere a new business or to announce a
business relocation, renovation or new partnership. Ambassadors show up in striking red coats and
help get your business noticed. Ambassadors wear their own business name badge which
promotes their business every time they are in uniform.
- Event Participation: Members are invited to participate in Chamber events. (Non-members can
participate in many Chamber events at a higher fee than members). Some events include our annual Chili
Challenge, Springtime Community Festival/Touch a Truck (and new in 2018 – a Car Cruise In, St.
Johns Mint Festival, An Event So Good It's Scary, Christmas Festival and more.
- Postal Discounts: Members are eligible to use the Chamber's standard mail permit on mailings of
200-500 pieces. Through this method, a bulk mailing utilizing a standard envelope can be sent at
.35 cents per piece, rather than the standard .50 cents. Also, by using the Chamber's permit, you
can save an additional $225 annually, which is the yearly cost to have your own permit number. As
an example: if you were doing a 1000 piece mailing by regular mail, you would pay $500. By using
the Chamber's permit, that mailing would cost $350, saving you $150. Add that to the $225 renewal
fee you would have to pay for your own permit and you can save over $375 annually with just one
mailing, which would more than pay for your membership dues.
- Business Representation: When a business is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, so is
every one of its employees. We encourage members to involve their employees in the Chamber by
attending Luncheons, Business After Hours and other Chamber sponsored events. Business
members and their employees are also encouraged to serve on Chamber committees, which brings
recognition to the business and helps build leadership skills. Through over 275 business members
of the Chamber, we represent more than 12,000 employees in Clinton County.
- Sponsorships: Capitalize on partnering with the Chamber in a multitude of ongoing activities and
events. These are marketing opportunities that put your business in the spotlight.